Diabetes Foundation (India)
DFI Building (under construction)
Diabetes is one of the most prevalent diseases in the world. It has been projected that worldwide approximately 300 million people would be afflicted with it by 2025.
- In India, about 50.9 million people suffer from diabetes, and this figure is likely to go up to 80 million by 2025, making it the 'Diabetes Capital' of the world.
- Delhi alone has an estimated 29.8 lakh people suffering from this disease (Indo-US collaborative study).
- A study conducted by Dr Anoop Misra, showed that 37% of urban south Asian Indians suffer from Diabetes and pre-Diabetes.
(Click to view )
DIABETES FOUNDATION (INDIA) or DFI was founded by Late Dr M M S Ahuja, Ex Prof and Head, Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, and is at present under the stewardship of its President Dr M G Karmarkar, former Head, Department of Laboratory Medicine, AIIMS, its Secretary, Mrs Rekha Sharma, President Indian Dietetic Association, Country Representative and Director International Confederation of Dietetic Associations (ICDA), Former Chief Dietician - AIIMS, Dr Anoop Misra, Director and Head, Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Fortis Hospitals (New Delhi and NOIDA), (awarded the highest medical honor, Dr B C Roy Award, in 2006 and the Padmashri, a national honor in 2007, by the President of India). DFI is dedicated to create awareness of obesity, diabetes, dyslipidemia, hypertension, heart diseases and metabolic syndrome among people and change their attitudes and behavior to incorporate correct lifestyle practices.
Aims and Objectives of DFI
- To conduct research on the problem of Diabetes in India;
- To provide comprehensive clinical care for diabetics;
- To evolve a data bank on research and literature relating to Diabetes in India;
- To create awareness about correct nutrition and exercise in adults and children;
- To raise funds through grants, donations and collaborations for our on going nutrition and awareness programs;
- To raise funds through grants, donations and collaborations for construction of a Day Care Centre in New Delhi, India.
- Doctors available for:
- Diabetes (Diabetologist/ Endocrinologist)
- Kidney Care (Nephrologist)
- Stomach and Liver Ailments (Gastroenterologist)
- Eye Care (Ophthalmologist)
- Diet, Nutrition & Wellness Advice (Nutritionist)
- Laboratory Services & Collection Facility
- Pharmacy & Chemist Shop
Diabetes Foundation India,
Plot No. 3 Pocket B-11, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi 110070 INDIA
Tel: +91-11-4134 5550
Diabetes Foundation (India) (Regn no.- S/16551/8) is a non-profit organisation registered
under the Societies Registration Act, XXI of 1860 on 24 April 1986. FCRA approved.
All donations are exempted according to the Income Tax Act 80 G of the Government